Core Java Learning Subscription
The Core Java Learning Subscription provides Java SE 11 training for programmers who are new to the language and looking to learn the latest release and to Java programmers who have some experience and want to take advantage of the new features and upgrade their skills.
Watch the Java 11 New Features video that comes with your subscription. In this video, Java experts will guide you through all of the changes and new features of Java SE 11. Learn about new Java SE features, including the Java module system, JShell, convenience methods, new techniques for working with streams, Lambda Expressions and managing deprecated APIs.
Developers, Implementers and Systems Administrators
The Oracle Learning Subscription Includes:
- Access to content 24/7 for one year
- Oracle expert instruction
- Hands-on lab exercises
- Instructor Q&A
With an Oracle Learning subscription you will have access to learning paths, skill checks, and the ability to view topics at a modular level to quickly find and view the information you need.
• Java SE Programmer 2019 - Upgrade
• Java SE Programmer 2019 – Beginner
• Java SE Programmer 2019 – Professional
Some of the benefits you will experience with the training:
Being able to better encapsulate code with the module system to alleviate some of the confusion that comes from multiple lines of code. Modules will allow you to better structure your application with strong enforcement of encapsulation and explicit dependencies
Instead of shipping your app with a fully loaded JDK installation, you can create a minimal runtime image optimized for your application with the jlink tool
JDK 11 allows var keyword to be used when declaring the formal parameters of implicitly typed lambda expressions. This will allow annotations to be added to lambda’s parameters without having to write full variable type name
Java Curriculum Covered
The Core Java Learning Subscription covers the JDK 11 long-term support release and most current version of Java SE. This learning subscription will empower you to understand the Java SE 11 programming language and best practices for using Java SE 11 to develop applications.
Core Java Concepts Covered
You will have access to training on core concepts, language constructs, and data types to help you get started learning Java.
Learn best practices for writing Java code that uses variables, arrays, conditional and loop constructs to achieve program objectives from Java in-house experts; identify modular programming principles; access and create static fields and methods; encapsulate a class using access modifiers and overloaded constructors; manipulate numeric, text, and string data using appropriate Java operators; set environment variables to allow the Java compiler and runtime executables to function properly and create simple Java classes; these are just a few of the areas you will dive into as you select from the many on demand topics.
Find more information about the learning pathes and the included courses HERE.
2. Runtime images
4. Enhancements to stream API
6. Convenience methods for collections
7. Convenience methods for arrays
8. Creating and using methods
9. Data in a cart
10. Describing classes
11. Using inheritance
12. Utilize Lambda expressions
13. And more...
- Write Java code that uses variables, arrays, conditional and loop constructs to achieve program objectives
- Identify modular programming principles
- Access and create static fields and methods
- Encapsulate a class using access modifiers and overloaded constructors
- Manipulate numeric, text, and string data using appropriate Java operators
- Set environment variables to allow the Java compiler and runtime executables to function properly
- Create simple Java classes and use object references to access fields and methods in a class
- Demonstrate polymorphism by implementing a Java interface
- Handle a checked exception in a Java application
- Use a Predicate Lambda expression as the argument to a method
- Define and implement a simple class hierarchy that supports application requirements
- Use Lambda Expression concurrency features
- Apply modular programming practices and services to applications
- Create high-performing multi-threaded applications
- Create Java applications that leverage the object-oriented features of the Java language, such as encapsulation, inheritance, and polymorphism
- Execute a Java application from the command line
- Create applications that use the Java Collections framework
- Search and filter collections using Lambda Expressions
- Implement error-handling techniques using exception handling
- Implement input/output (I/O) functionality to read from and write to data and text files
- Manipulate files, directories and file systems using the JDK NIO.2 specification
- Perform multiple operations on database tables, including creating, reading, updating, and deleting using both JDBC and JPA technology
- Design applications to take advantage of the module system and its more reliable configuration, improved security and performance, and more easily scalable applications
- Migrate existing applications to modular applications in a step-by-step manner, choosing which parts of the application to migrate first
- Deal with common problems encountered in migrating an application, including cyclic dependencies and split packages
- Use services to make modularized applications more robust and easily extensible
- Create multi-release JAR files that can be run on different Java releases
- Use convenience methods to reduce code that seems verbose, inefficient, or boilerplate, and increase readability
- Use JShell to quickly run small code experiments and test new APIs
- And more…
Certification Exams Included with this Subscription:
Online tutorials will expand your skills and prepare you to pass the Oracle Certified Professional exam, validating your expertise to employers
Topic-specific course modules are built with job skills in mind to help students develop the knowledge and skills needed to perform Java tasks successfully
Gain professional recognition for your expertise with an Oracle certification. This learning subscription provides you with one attempt at the following Oracle certification exams, at no additional charge, during the subscription period. Pass the Java certification exams and earn the corresponding Oracle certifications.
• Java SE 11 Programmer I |1Z0-815
• Java SE 11 Programmer II|1Z0-816
• Upgrade OCP Java 6, 7 & 8 to Java SE 11 Developer | 1Z0-817
Looking to get Java SE 11 certified and need some guidance? Follow the Java Learners Journey to understand which exam or exam sequence you should take to earn the Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) Java SE 11 Developer credential.